Monday, July 10, 2006

That's What I Get for Knitting at One A.M.!


Well, we had a great time at the drive-in. I had plenty of time to knit, while waiting for it to get dark enough for the movie to start. Pirates was wicked! I loved it. Johnny and Orlando. Wow! Great actors!! MMMMHHHHMMM! We also saw Cars. I didn't think I'd like it, but it was really cute. We didn't get home until 3:30 or 4 am.

So, last night I wasn't tired, and I decided to finish the Zombie wristbands . I did, but as I was taking pictures at about 1:30, I apparently pressed my knee on the metal dpn that I had been sitting on for about a half an hour. Warmed metal bends really easily. It didn't want to bend back so easily, though. Thank god it wasn't one of my bamboo needles. I like them the best!

We had thunder and lightning on and off all day, yesterday. We kept the computer unplugged for most of the day, and all night. We (The Don and I) just went online long enough to check our emails real quick. We saw a huge rainbow over our house, then, we cooked out on the grill, in the rain! I took pics of the rainbow, gotta crop them and stuff.

I think I'll send pics of those Jaywalker socks to Grumperina for her gallery. I'll probably send pics of the Zombies to Jennifer, too. If I can get a good picture of them! I was having a heck of a time last night! It could have been because it was so late. I tend to stay up late, and make mistakes on my knitting. I just feel like, since everyone's asleep, I can get a bunch done, but I should really be asleep, too.




I tried to get a pic of the finished Zombie on here, but it won't work. So, I'll try tomorrow. I also took a pic of some socks that I forgot about. They were waiting to be washed. For some reason, I never took a picture when I finished them. So, two pics planned for tomorrow.

My first Jaywalkers (they almost match):
  • knitted with Knit Picks Simple Stripes in Snapdragon
  • On size 2 Clover bamboos
  • I made a few mistakes, but I'm not pointing them out
  • Fun pattern, I don't know what took me so long to finish them

It's a cold (in the 60s) gray day, so I'm going to weave in ends, and start new socks, while LD bedazzles everything she can get her hands on! Have a great one!!

3 comments:

AmyArtisan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - welcome to knit blogland! :)

Your Jaywalkers look great! I need to get going with socks again soon - I've got a lot of great sock yarn that I want to use. :)

Mouse said...

I just went to see Pirates today.. what could be better than nearly 3 hours of Johnny & Orlando? Nothing!

Anonymous said...

I just dropped by from knitters review to see your blog. Nice! Great pair of socks there too! Glad to hear the sequel was as good as the first one. Think I'll go see it. Johnny is beautiful!