Thursday, August 10, 2006

Felted bags and stuff--lots of stuff

First of all: Thanks everyone for the kind words about my Clapotis.
Roo-bee-faye: You're right; some jerkface keeps putting stupid make money comments on my blog. I think I finally fixed them, though. We'll see. By the way, what happened to your blog? If you deleted it, or something I think it's been blog-jacked. When I try to see it, I'm sent to some advertising place. I'm sorry for putting this here, but I can't figure out another way to get ahold of you. I miss your blog!

Ok, now. Knitting. I want to do a contest for all of you wonderful knitters. I got my 100th comment the other day. Not counting the jerky spam comments. I think what I'll do, is take the names of the commenters from the day I got my 100th, and randomly pick one, then I'll send the winner a little knitty prize. Nothing too big, because I'm poor. I just think it's so neat that you like my blah-blah-blah. Even though, since I started this blog, I've been pretty boring on the knitting front. So, I'm going to do that, and then I'll let y'all know. OK? OK!


I have some pretty knitting pictures to share with ya'll. Actually, the first one is crocheted, and then felted. I can do that, too. (Crochet) I just don't very much. It seems to take more yarn, but it is faster. For me, anyway. This is a little handbag I made for myself. It is out of LB Fisherman's wool, that I dyed with kool-ade. The purple stuff in the foreground of the picture is the lining fabric, and the zipper. I use this one quite a bit.

These four bags are just some that I knitted, and felted, then they were either given away as holiday gifts, or I sold them. It's all LB Fisherman's wool, dyed with kool-ade, with really old buttons on the flaps. I didn't really use patterns, I just knitted in the round until I got a size and shape I thought would look good, then I felted them in the washer and stuck them on boxes to dry. Very technical.

So, I am going to be pretty busy the rest of the week. I finished up the charity cloths, and I have to deliver them. I actually did a few rounds on my hedera-like sock yesterday. I have some crazy paperwork that is all messed up, and I've been on the phone a lot trying to fix it. Then, the relay for life thing is this weekend. I'll be painting faces, and walking, and whatever else. I hope to get a battery for my camera before then because I really want pictures.

So, as soon as I get all of my she-ee-it together, I'll have a little prize for someone. Have a great weekend--if I don't get to post again-til next week!!

7 comments:

Gewel said...

Pretty! I like my bags dumbed down, so those are cool. ;)

Anonymous said...

Those bags are so cute & cheerful! Love them!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Cute little bags. I love the little orange stripy one.

You are good at it! I'm still working on the first one, a french market bag. The first INTENtional felted Object, that is.

Anonymous said...

You sound busy busy! I especially like your button flaps on the bags, very cute. :)

Alliesw said...

Love the bags! I have yarn for two felte dbagas just waiting to be knit ip, can't wait--it will make me feel like fall, even though it's still soooo hat where I am. Congratulations on your 100th comment, too!

PBnJ said...

congrats on your 100th comment!

Oooh! I really wanna try felted bags too!! :D

Have a great day!

Becka said...

I love your bags! Don't you just love dyeing with koolaid?! That's all I've ever dyed yarn with.
I love blog contests!
I need to think of a new one, too! I've only done 1 and it's time for another, I must think about the theme.......