Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Knittarmaniac

My great big list of WIPs sure did bring lots of comments. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has a list longer than her longest knitting needle! And, if you only knit one or two things at a time, cool. That's one of the greatest things about knitting. There are several ways to do it, and they're all right, if they're right for you.

Ok, I swear I am not a total knit freak! LD was joking when she drew these pictures. It's all because I let her look at this site with me. It gave her inspiration! The mad, crazed knitamaniac you see before you is me. The girl going "What?" is LD. I think she's trying to steal my yarn. She says, she's confused by the knit wit. Haha, funny little girl.

See on the Christmas picture, which is a work in progress, doesn't it look like someone is trying to steal my knitting? Why else would I be on the fireplace?

One of my KIP bags is a purse, and I have thought about what I'd do if someone tried to snatch it. Steal my yarn? I don't think so!


I've been knitting on the pinwheel blanket every chance I get. I followed the pattern, and increased every other round until I had 600 stitches. Then, I borrowed someone's idea of a seed stitch ruffle, and did a k f/b in every stitch to make an even 1200 stitches. Yeah, I know, it sounds like I'm watering the crazy seeds LD is trying to plant. 1200 stitches! It's really not as bad as it sounds. I'm going to do seed stitch until my yarn runs out, or maybe until my patience with this project runs out. LOL!
edit: I had to add a stitch (1201 sts) to do seed stitch. hehe - duh!

I'll post a pic when it's all done.

When I finish the pinwheel blankie, I'm also going to post a little review of the Knit Picks Options Needles. Just my own little observations, and opinions.

Knitting class with the kids was yesterday. What a funny bunch I have this time! They are so full of new ideas. A few of them have knitted the simple wristbands that I designed for them, and one finished a small scarf already! Only one more class, until spring. That made some of them very sad. It makes me a little sad, too. Once in a while, I think, maybe I should start a knit group at the school. Then, I remember everything I already have going on with my own three kids, and I know I just can't do it right now! I think it would be fun, though.

Holiday Program tonight for LD. She's all dressed up in her new dress, and ready to sing. I can't believe the holidays are so close!


Hope everyone's day is great and your knitting behaves!
p.s. to Carrie: knitting is on tomorrow for me!!

11 comments:

Janice said...

I LOVE the pictures!! Definitely keepers!!!

I don't know, but 1200 stitches sounds like a lot in my book!!!

Anonymous said...

The things kids see and then repeat (however skewed by their own reality)! What a cutie :D

Mindy said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Cute drawings!

Anonymous said...

LOL, cute pics! They know you so well!

Anonymous said...

Hee. I love the drawings! :)

Anonymous said...

Heeheeheee!! Those pictures are priceless!!

You're right 1201 stitches sounds like a LOT. OMG!! Hope you knitting muscles hang in there! ;)

~Suz~

Anonymous said...

1201 stitches? That's just like, a normal 10 rows. No big deal. HA! Good luck with that. That's the thing working with circulars - you can pick: Poke my eyes out or hang myself.

The pictures are hilarious!

g-girl said...

the pictures are great! :) I was going to comment about the 1201 stitches..you're nuts! But I'm sure the blanket is going to be simply amazing! I forgot to comment on how pretty LD looks in her new dress too. :)

Deborah said...

Love the art work, LOL. She's either gifted or you need help!! Thanks for those knitting product links! I love that stuff!

Anonymous said...

What a talented gal you have there! You should print the drawings onto notecards (especially the fireplace one).

Er, 1201 sts?????