Monday, November 27, 2006

One Busy Day

Thank you so much, everyone, for the well wishes for SP. The invalid. Poor kid, he is going to have surgery one day this week! I'm nervous, of course! None of my kids have ever had surgery. MM was in the NiCu for 2 weeks, that was bad enough. He was a little too big and born too fast, and had a beta strep infection. Thankfully, he got all better. That was 13 years ago, and it still feels like yesterday, sometimes! Now, SP needs to get all better, too.

I really am liking my new knitpicks needles. I needed a little break from the pinwheel blanket, though, so I started some mittens. The first pair I've ever done. I would have had them done in two days, but somebody hurt his ankle, and I got a little busy. Just kidding!

LD loves her new mittens. I saw her showing them to her teacher today. She also knits and asked if the thumb was hard to knit. It wasn't. I started myself a pair, too. The 6 yr. old nephew requested some, and I have some really soft, dark blue yarn that might work just right!

These are made of Paton's Merino Wool. On size 4 needles. Mine are going to be of some hand dyed by me fisherman's wool. I'll show a pic soon.

I am at something like 510 stitches on the pinwheel blanket. It is really cute. I'll show a picture of that, too! Yeah, promises, promises!

I hope I'll have time to read some blogs soon, too! Darn blog lines, sometimes it doesn't tell me when the blogs I like are updated. Then it'll say 6 or 7 new posts at once, and they're really not that new!

So, today was busy, because we had a dr. appointment for SP. The drive there is like 45 min. or so. Then, they sent us for a catscan. We got home, I sent some emails, then I went and got LD from school, dropped her at girlscouts, went to get supplies for my class, went and picked her up, and then went to MM's basketball game! We didn't even have supper until after 7! That's pretty late for us.

Supplies for class? That is the knitting class I will be teaching tomorrow. I love to teach kids to knit. I have eight students. There are a lot of classes to choose from, and the knitting one I do, is always full! Yay! The only bad thing is that it is only for four weeks. I wish they were longer. The pta pays for the supplies, and the teacher's time. It is totally free for the kids. My kids have done: games, juggling, sign language, crafts, yoga, and this time LD is trying ballet.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get on here often, and read blogs, and post. We'll see with all of the craziness of injury, and sports, and holidays going on!

Knit on, Knitters!

14 comments:

Janice said...

You've done some fun knitting!! Love the mittens. Isn't it fun to make something your kids enjoy?? Can't wait to see the blanket.
I'll be thinking of your son this week and his surgery...Never easy having our kids go through things. Knitting will help during the waiting time...

Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear that SP has to have surgery, but I hope all goes well. Cute mittens!

Carrie said...

My daughter is so excited about being in your knitting class! Four weeks.. not enough time for a sweater. What will you all knit? =)

Cindy Larson said...

Man, your life is starting to sound like a marathon:) Surgery is scary, but I'm sure he'll pull through just fine.
Keep that knitting close for soothing purposes.

schrodinger said...

Oh I'm sorry he has to have surgery, that really sucks. I hope that it goes well though.

Yay for mittens! Going to have to try my hand at those soon....

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have really been busy! And still you managed some knitting - good for you.

Anonymous said...

The mittens are so cute! And you're great for teaching kids to knit & keeping this craft going.

tatjana said...

Busy girl! Whenever I get around to doing the family thing, you are just gonna have to give me lessons or something because I can't imagine how you do it all! The mittens are awesome (LD looks so cute in them!) and I hope all goes well with your son's ankle. I've had an ankle injury before and all I can recommend is that he do his best to stay off it(not easy). Good luck and hope he gets well soon!

Romi said...

Aaaaaaaaw! Adorable picture of your daughter. :)

I'll be thinking lots and lots of good thoughts for your son!

Amy Boogie said...

*fingers crossed that the surgery goes well for the boy and that the Mom is ok and doesn't worry herself too much (I know, I wouldn't be able to help it either).
Great mittens!

Anonymous said...

The mittens look great! Sorry to hear about the surgery.

g-girl said...

that is such a great pic of LD asleep with her mittens. :) You did a great job on them..and they're your first pair! I've been thinking about doing mittens myself. I'm guessing the surgery isn't tomorrow so it's either Th/F right? I'm sure it'll all go well. Have fun knitting with your students. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh ugh! on the surgery. I'll be sending positive, healing thoughts your way...pass them on to your boy.

You certainly are one busy woman! I admire your ability to juggle it all. Whew!

Why do the thumbs on your mittens look so much nicer than the thumbs on mine. Mine always seem to be all holey looking and i have to sew them up from the inside when i'm done. Bah for me! Well done, oh Queen of the Knitsters! ;)

~Suz~

Jeri said...

What patt. did you use for the mittens?