Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I can't think of a good title ~ Again!

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and great comments. You all know I love them, since I told you what I am a couple of posts ago. hehe


Yikes! I've been so busy! I think I should have been born an heiress so I can live a life of leisure. LOL

I finished another UFO!

Marji sent me the gorgeous yarn and pattern ages ago, and I started right away, but I got side tracked by startitis. Well, I've been seeing all of these wonderful scarves that are knitted the long way, so I finally did it! I love it. The pictures just don't show you how great the yarn is. Really, it is the most luxurious yarn I've ever used. Hopefully by Friday I'll have the stats for it up on my other blog.

I know the pic of it on SP is blurry, but it shows how long the scarf is. SP is at least 6 feet tall, maybe even taller, since we haven't measured in a while!

Well, I also finished some fetching mitts. I love 'em! They match my St. Patrick's Day Hat. I'll probably wear them a few times, and of course on March 17, then give them to LD. If they aren't too big for her. She really likes them.

They were so quick to knit. I started them Saturday and finished them before the weekend was over, but I wove the ends in today. I just wish I had more time to knit. I used to, and I thought when my kids got bigger I'd be less busy. LOL. Yeah, right! Less busy. Good one, huh?

Like the scarf, I hope to get the stats up before too long!

I love knitting (duh!) but knitting with others is different. The knitting part is great, but I never knew how much I miss talking to grown ups! Sunday, at my Hubby's basketball game I gave knitting lessons. :D I can't wait til next Sunday to see how she's doing and knit with her some more. We also had our little knit group this morning. Carrie was spinning on her spindle, and she makes it look so easy! She and I have been talking about a fiber fest. I am planning and saving up! I want to go. It'll be so fun!!!!

I've got to find some time to do some things I want to do, like read blogs. I thought Monday would be free for that kind of stuff, but the kids had a snow day. We goofed off all day long, and I didn't go on the computer at all. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at the neighbors, helping out with their files, so today would be good, if it weren't for the house work. See, like I said, I need a maid to do that so I can do fun things.

Hope you have lots of time for knitting and fun stuff! Knit On!

p.s. I put the stats up for the mitts and the scarf up on my other blog. :D

10 comments:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Oy! Had to re-read what you were doing at the neighbor's, thought you said, "flies". Ooopsie!

I love "Fetching" it really is such a quick knit...i have three pairs. Two with the cables on the second mitt, wrong. LOL! Maybe i'll pay attentio on set number four? ;)

~Suz~

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast you can crank out the FO's! Great job.

Amy Boogie said...

Nice projects. I want to steal those mitts.

Knitting with others is something special. :)

Janice said...

Great job finishing more projects!! I am jealous of your fetching mitts... I have that very high on my list of 'to knits'. Hmmm.. maybe I should cast them on tonight since everything was canceled due to weather. the scarf looks great!! I'll have to check out the stats.

g-girl said...

your pair of fetching is soooo cool! such a great shade of green that yarn is. :) your scarf looks wonderful too. it sure is long!

Anonymous said...

LOL, yes, ALL knitters need maids! The scarf looks scrumptious & your Fetching are adorable--is that red trim or is that something else?

Mouse said...

mmmmm... purple!

Tracy Batchelder said...

You will have more time to knit when the kids are grown and out of the house. Until then, knit when you have time and enjoy. The scarf and mitts are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes Arlets, get a maid so we can see (read) more of you...

My Five Sons said...

Hi,Arleta,
my baby(oldest son) also turned 17 this month but on Valentines Day,is that lucky for him I wonder,LOL
Love those Fetching mittens ,I think thats the best little quick pattern ever!