Monday, September 25, 2006

Guess what I've been knitting

Thanks everybody for the comments, and the offers of switching climates. Hehe. I would seriously love to live where it isn't so cold. I have never lived anywhere else, but I like new experiences. Oh, man, I'm a dork. I love contests. I'd never in my whole life done a scavenger hunt, so it was pretty fun. Thanks for the wishes of luck. I need them, I've won two things, in my whole life. Really, just two!! Ever!!
Yeah, I've been knitting. Guess what I've been knitting .... Dishcloths!
I got together with cps, and we chatted and knitted and watched some Ghost Whisperer while the kids played. She finished her second ever dishcloth. We were admiring it and wondering how on earth it got so much looser at the end. The last third of the dishcloth had twisted stitches. Great teacher I am, I didn't even notice. Oops. Sorry cps. Then, it was time to go and the next day, she ripped it out and fixed it up all by herself. Pretty cool!


Well, I didn't feel like getting my camera out, so I scanned the two dishcloths I did this weekend. I have quite a pile of dishcloths done. The green / blue / black 9 patch will probably go with any other green and blue ones I've done to my sister for Christmas. She loves blue and green, and she'll like the dishcloths. The garterlac one might be for LD. She asked for a new face cloth, or I might just go let her pick out her own cotton, and we can knit one together. She has a triangle face cloth that she knit herself, but I guess she needs a new one.

I picked up and knitted a black border on the 9 patch. I might crochet or knit one on the garterlac cloth, too. I really know how to spend some time, don't I? Yeah, I do have a jaywalker sock shouting for it's toe. I love knitting the toe. Decreasing and then kitchener stitch. What's not to love? Maybe I'm saving it for some special time. LOL. It's really just sitting there waiting for it's toe. Soon, I'll finish it and start it's mate.

What sweater? Hahaha, I am looking around, and I'll settle on a pattern, and some affordable yarn. Someday. I am a procrastaknitter.

Blogger is being a little bit of a pain for me today. Holey Moley! Guess I'll go clean up my knitting before I go get the kids. Knit on Knitters!!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Gotta love the dishclothes, quick and easy!

g-girl said...

i'm waiting on you to share how to make the miters for that ninepatch! it looks great! the garterlac is nice too. I hope LD wants to pick out some cotton and the two of you can make her a washcloth together. :) i love that she made her one-regardless if it's triangle shaped, it still does the job. :) yeah..what sweater?? lol. :)

schrodinger said...

I gotta try me some of those dishcloths, very nice!

Anonymous said...

Nice dishcloths. It's so interesting to see the many, many variations on this 1 item.

Janice said...

Love the dishcloths!!! Doesn't it make doing dishes just a little bit more enjoyable?? :-)

Anonymous said...

The dishclothes look like great fun! I refuse to talk about the projects waiting for me on the grounds that it might...