Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm back - the canoe trip didn't kill me

Thanks for all of the comments on the canoe trip. It was fun, it was definitely exercise, but it wasn't too bad. LD will have those memories forever. She wrote about it in her journal at school, and drew a picture of the three of us going down the river. So cute! If I can get the mom with all of the pictures to give or send me one, I'll post it. I'll just show me, and LD not the other kids. Let me tell ya, it's a good thing we went Monday, because the weather has turned really nasty. There is white stuff in the deep grass and stuck to the leaves that are on the ground. I hate white stuff on the ground!

Knitting Picture!

Once again I prove I am not a great photographer! I have another jaywalker done, and one more started. Then, the mint green/light blue thing is a baby hat. Cotton Ease. It will (hopefully) fit a full term size baby or a little bigger. I didn't photo the scarf. It looks about the same as it did before. I will put a finished pic up when it's done, though. It is so nice! A picture does not show the soft sparkleyness of it!!

The kids get out of school early today and tomorrow. Then, no school on Monday. They are glad. Who doesn't love some time off school? I'm going on an overnight trip with a friend of mine this weekend. No kids or hubbys. Yay! I'll have some knitting time, too, 'cuz she's driving. Double Yay!!

I promised LD some new socks out of LB Magic Stripes. She went to put one of her fave pairs on, and they're too small. I have the yarn, but would somebody send me some extra time?

Blogger was being so bad earlier. I couldn't get to the home page, or my blog, or any blogger blog. Sheeshe!! At least it's working now. LOL.

I have to run and get those kids from school already! Have a great weekend everybody!!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Have fun this weekend! There is nothing better than a kid-free weekend to keep mom sane.

schrodinger said...

Glad you survived the canoeing. Congrats on finishing the jaywalker. Enjoy the weekend ;)

Craftybernie said...

A kid free weekend?! Lucky lucky you.

Love the jaywalker. I think it's cute that LD appreciates hand knit socks.

Can't wait to get going on a pair for my little one in the new year. I was thinking of practicing on some scrap yarn then letting her choose some herself.

Which do you find easier - knitting large socks for yourself or Mr Arleta, or socks for LD?

Jeanne said...

Enjoy your kid free weekend! The jaywalker looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your Jaywalker is fantastic!!! I'm jealous. :)

Becka said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast canoeing!
Loving the socks!
Yeah, blogger was giving me a hard time, too.

Larjmarj said...

Woo hoo RUN AMOK!! Half way to a pair of jaywalkers Yeah! I'm about 2/3's of the way through my second sock. I'm doing mine using magic loop and had to visit the frog pond a few times before I figured out how to tweak the pattern.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're still alive ;-)

The socks are coming along nicely!!

Boy, I wish I HAD extra time to send you, as it is, I'm in some desperate need of some myself... if you find a supplier, let me know!

Romi said...

Ooooh! Purdy sock!

g-girl said...

hope you had a great weekend! :) the jaywalker looks good. one of these days I may succumb to it. ;)