Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More Bunny!


Well, yesterday it was 43 f, and rainy. Lovely weather for January in Michigan. The snow was gone, and I was happy!! This morning it is negative 1 f, lots of ice and snow, and it's a snow day. Even Hubby stayed home from work because the roads were so bad. I don't even want to know what the wind chill factor is. It's cold!!
I have been knitting, though. I finished the second pinwheel blanket, booties, and hat, I just have to finish the last icord tie for the booties, and maybe embroider some flowers on the blankie.
I also started a bunny from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It is going to be for the baby I knitted the purple striped pinwheel blanket for. Her first birthday is coming up. The inner ears are going to be knit out of real bunny wool. I still have to spin it, though. lol. The roving is in the picture by the bunny's head. Carrie gave it to me, and I will return whatever I don't use, because it is some special stuff!!Nope it's all gone. :)
And I made a garterlac dishcloth with the striping cotton from Lily's Sugar and Cream. I love the way the stripes went into the little squares. I got some more of the cotton just to knit some more of these.
Ok, LD has to use the computer to go here. Fun site. Time sucker, though. :) Then she also has a school project to research on the computer, so I guess I'll get out of the way!
Be back soon with my 200th post! It'll be a contest, so stay tuned!!
p.s. if you want to see some pics from the fun spinning class Carrie and I did, she has some posted here.

5 comments:

g-girl said...

i just love the color of that bunny you're making! yikes...negative 1 degree?? I couldn't even imagine. Stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to knit a bunny. I think you've just inspired me... :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

The Garterlac Cloth is really neat. I'm going to have to try that one.

Valerie said...

I can't wait to see the finished bunny. I bed it's going to be adorable.

This winter is so bizarre! Hot one second below freezing the next.. Positively weird.

Carrie said...

Put that bunny together! I'm glad the roving was helpful =) The baby will love feeling it, I'm sure. What a lucky little girl to get real bunny in the ears of her bunny! I lurv the garterlac dishcloth, too. I was just thinking of that pattern yesterday...