Monday, October 01, 2007

What a great weekend!

First of all, thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!! I must have been very good this last year, because I got lots of great gifts. :)

I think Hubby must have taken some spoiling lessons from Becka's Hubby. He spoils her real good. My Hubby spoiled me real good this year, too. He didn't know what to get me for my birthday. He knew I wanted wool, of course, but I never sent him any links of where to get the stuff, so he struck out on his own and came up with a different idea.

I got a gift certificate for a fancy shmancy spa here, to get a hair-do, and a massage, and a manicure. Of course, I'll ruin the manicure as soon as I leave, so I'm getting a pedi instead. Mmmm, I can't wait! What a smart guy. That wasn't even it, he also got me a binder and plastic sleeves to keep patterns in, so I don't have to re-print everything over and over, and the final season of Charmed on dvd. Whatta guy!! :) See, I'm so spoiled!!

Then, my mom got me a little family prayer thing on a mirror, and a jewelry box that looks like a Faberge egg. My MIL got me tanning minutes, and $ (for wool) and Hubby's aunt got me a certificate for a class on lamp work beads (and $ for wool). I do need another craft, don't I? lol I've been wanted to learn bead making like that for a long time. Torches and glass, heck yeah!! I'm going to go to the class with Hubby's cousin. It should be so fun! And, his other cousin and his wife gave me more $ for wool!! I feel so spoiled! I hope it doesn't go to my head! I'm already starting to feel like a brat. Hehe, just kidding.

The most important thing was that we had a nice family gathering (with cake)! I love seeing everyone, and getting to share my special day with them.

Once again, thank you all for the birthday wishes. I love feeling special, and being a busy mom of three, it doesn't happen enough!

I owe so many emails, and I even owe Becka an answer to a meme that she tagged me with. I'll get to it, I promise, but Hubby took the day off and the kids get home in 3 1/2 hours! We need to squeeze as much as we can into it! We never get to see each other alone during the day!

Have a great (gasp) October!!

9 comments:

Romi said...

It sounds wonderful! :)

Happy October to you - it's my favorite month, but man! is it here already?!

schrodinger said...

Wow, sounds like some wonderful gifts for your b'day - I particularly love $ for wool myselft :)

Valerie said...

That's awesome! I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday.

KT said...

Nice spoilage! They say you're only a spoiled brat if you don't KNOW you're getting spoiled, so I think you're good =)

Yay for October!

Carrie said...

Isn't it crazy that it's October??? It sounds like your birthday rocked. Being spoiled is okay =) We moms work hard. It's nice when we're appreciated. What, oh WHAT, will you spend all of that money on???

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great birthday! You deserve all the spoiling you got.

Mauren Mureaux said...

Awww, i'm so glad to hear that you were spoiled rotten. We all deserve that from time to time and you're right...busy moms deserve it even more.

I can't wait to see how you use up all of that wool $$$. ;)

Larjmarj said...

You RAKED it in!! Good for you, glad you had a most excellent BD.

Janice said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and a great birthday! And what great gifts!! I love the spa idea... Can't wait to see what you purchase with your birthday $