Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Back!

Time was against me, and then, the computer was gone for some work! Hubby (who is celebrating for the Red Sox ~ big time!) started some college classes, and the computer needed some more ram, and some new programs, but when we added all of that, the computer got wonky. I guess it had something to do with bitmaps, or some other computer stuff. I don't know what, all I do know is the computer was acting weird, it was gone, and now it's back, and working!
I have absolutely no idea what's been going on with all my fave bloggers, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
I did get some knitting done, though. I have some dishcloths to go in the gift pile, and I made myself some fiber trends clogs. I still have to felt them, though. I had such a great time knitting them, that I've decided they will make great Christmas presents. I do not want to think about that, yet, but if I'm making gifts, I'd better get started asap!
I'm making my mom a pair that are the opposite colors of mine. Her cuffs and soles are the rosewood color, and the uppers are brown. Her feet are so tiny (yay!) that the prefelted pair almost fit me now. The ones for me are huge! I also got yarn to make some for my MIL, and SP is going to buy yarn for some for his girlfriend, and his other Grandma.
Lil' Diva and I have a Halloween party at her school tonight. We're going to be Hippies. Since the clothes for it are already here, it's an easy one. I just borrowed some clothes from my boys, and LD has one of my broomstick skirts and a tie dyed shirt. I will definitely post pics. You have to see LD's afro. She wanted one so bad, and I finally figured out why. She loves SingStar, and she sings "I Will Survive" every time she plays it. Well, the singer (Gloria something with a G?) has a fro, and LD loves her! When she first put it on, she kept singing the song. Funny girl.
Thank you for the nice comments you left. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Yes, LarjMarj, MM was a suspect in the missing hat. All of the kids were, they really like it. lol Lucky them that I found it.
I guess I've rambled enough. Time to go catch up on some blog reading and commenting! Yay!!!
Have a great Monday and Knit-On!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Pix of the costumes please. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back!

I keep meaning to knit the felted clogs, but never get around to it (seems I say that about an awful lot of things)! Can't wait to see yours felted; the colors are very pretty.

Deborah said...

hey, you are going to have to give me some tips on teaching middle schoolers how to knit - do I sedate myself BEFORE or after the class?

Anonymous said...

Dishcloths are very cute! I really want to make a pair of clogs - can't wait to see how yours come out...

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're back!

g-girl said...

you've been very busy knitting! I can't believe you finished all those things--particularly the pinwheel blankie! Can't wait to see the clogs felted or LD in her costume!

KT said...

Yay! Can't wait to see the pics!

And the felted clogs I made for Christmas last year were such a hit that I got a request for them this year! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

You're so good to do Christmas knitting! The clogs (even prefelted) are so cute...great gift idea.

Being hippies for Halloween sounds cool!

Tracy Batchelder said...

The clogs are fun to make and even more fun to felt! They will make good gifts.

Valerie said...

Welcome Back! We missed you! Glad to hear the computer is fixed, it's really a blessing in disguise though. No computer always means more knitting gets done. -=giggle=-

schrodinger said...

Good to see you back. you missed nothing much with me, I have a bunch of catching up to do myself actually :)

Carrie said...

Can I get a copy of your clog pattern? That just may save my bacon at Christmas... =) I've been looking for something differnt than hats and mittens. See you in a couple of hours!

Mauren Mureaux said...

Gloria Gaynor ;)

Very funny about the fro.