Sunday, November 25, 2007

The gift knitting is done


I felted all six pairs of Fiber Trend Clogs today, and let me tell ya, Paton's Merino shrinks fast! Luckily I went up to the laundry room and checked them earlier than I had planned. They were done, and the size small I made for my mom look tiny! She does have little feet, so I hope they fit!


I also got a pile of soap socks, and a bunch of dishcloths knit, too. I'll have to show pics after I gift them, though, just in case a recipient is reading. ;)


I took pictures of the before felted, and merged them with pictures of the after felting. Fulling, shrinking, whatever! All y'all know what I mean. If you look at the little lamb on the slippers, you can see the difference in size. It would have been easier if I had taken the pics from the same distance, but in some I got closer, and with the camera problems I've been having, I say these pics are a-ok!


I need a new camera again! I am a machine-breaker! Really, I shouldn't even be touching the computer! On Friday, I killed the blow dryer, on Saturday I killed the mixers, and today, I broke the tv. Again. *sob* Thank goodness for a hubby that fixes things. I can't break the computer, though, he needs to do some more homework. It's hard getting on this machine, since he started college classes, but I know it'll be worth it when he's doing a job he loves. Especially if it involves extra money for yarn. hehe


Ok, gotta run. Hubby The Student has work to do.


Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!!!
ps I posted the stats on the clogs here. :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made about 6 pair in the span of a couple of years but all at once for gifts????!!!! AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Wow - the clogs look great! I can't you have all your gift knitting done - that's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic clogs!

Carrie said...

Oh wow, the clogs look great! I never doubted you =)

Umm... when were those dishcloths supposed to be done? lol

Janice said...

The clogs all look great! They will be great Christmas gifts! That is one of my favorite patterns!

KT said...

Congrats on getting it all finished! We should all be so productive!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are good! The clogs are all so cool. Your friends & family are lucky indeed.

Tracy Batchelder said...

The clogs look great! Good thing you checked them when you did.

g-girl said...

they look good! I think the ones I like best are the ones that Lil AR and your mom will be receiving.

Larjmarj said...

Wow! that's a lot of clogs, a friend of mine just finished here seventh pair for X-mas gifts. Nice work, they really are magical aren't they?

Mauren Mureaux said...

Wow! You are a super knitter!

I've not even thought about holiday knitting yet. LOL

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! Hope you had a great holiday!

Heather said...

Wow! They look great! That might be a January project for me!

Valerie said...

Those clogs look wonderful! I'm going to have to start my gift knitting early next year and make a couple of people a pair of those. They're sooo neat!

Amy Boogie said...

You've been crazy productive - putting my paltry Xmas knitting to shame.

jae said...

Wow! That's a lot of warm feet. :)

schrodinger said...

I'm soooooo impressed that your gifts are done already (and what a relief you went down and checked on them when you did).

Well done!!!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That number of clogs is truly amazing, and I'm glad you used a yarn that I actually have some of! This means I can make a pair, after I buy that pattern, that is, for DH and anyone else wandering by who wants one. You've answered many questions that the two marbles in my head have ground against for a couple of years. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the clog photos. What a great production line!